2015 INTERNATIONAL FACULTY SEMINAR
The 2015 UNCF/Mellon Faculty Seminar took place July 5-13, 2015. This Seminar was held in Nantes, France. Faculty representing Clark Atlanta University, Dillard University, Morehouse College, Spelman College and Xavier University were selected as participants in this Seminar. The theme of the 2015 Seminar, facilitated by Dr. Michael Gomez, Professor of History and Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, New York University, was “Interrogating the French Empire: Exploring the Historical and Contemporary African Diasporic Engagement and Experience in France”.
2015 UNCF/Mellon International Faculty Seminar Participants
- Dr. Leah Creque-Harris, Morehouse College
- Dr. Frederick Knight, Morehouse College
- Professor April Lundy, Clark Atlanta University
- Dr. Soraya Mekerta, Spelman College
- Dr. Mona Lisa Saloy, Dillard University
- Dr. Pamela Waldron-Moore, Xavier University
- Dr. Jerry Wever, Spelman College
FACULTY RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Six members of faculty from six UNCF institutions were selected to receive Faculty Residency grants for the 2015-2016 academic year. Five faculty completed their residency during the 2015 summer and one will complete her residency during the 2016 spring semester.
Summer 2015 Residency Award Recipients
- Dr. Florence Anoruo, Claflin University
- Dr. Lean'tin Bracks, Fisk University
- Dr. LaToya Jefferson-James, Rust College
- Dr. Ross Louis, Xavier University
- Dr. Sharon Raynor, Johnson C. Smith University
Spring 2016 Residency Award Recipient
- Dr. Asia Leeds, Spelman College
TEACHING AND LEARNING INSTITUTES
Two UNCF Institutions were awarded funding for Teaching and Learning Institutes which occurred during the 2015-2016 academic year.
Claflin University hosted a Teaching and Learning Institute entitled, Preparing Global Leaders by Enhancing Student Engagement with World Literature and Culture.
Spelman College hosted a Teaching and Learning Institute entitled, Educating for Sustainability: Greening the Curriculum at Minority Serving Institutions.